A machine that is used to reduce sizes of all types and kinds of materials are industrial shredders. These are available in numerous sizes, designs and variations and the main variations used commonly are horizontal or vertical hammer mills, slow speed shear shredders of single to quad shaft designs, granulators, crack mills, mawlers etc. Certain materials that are most commonly shredded include metals, tyres, car wrecks, woods, garbage, and plastic. One important kind of industrial shredder that is used to shred plastics in order to recycle them into something else that can be reused is a plastic shredder.
It is not something new that the earth has been polluted incomprehensibly by humans in innumerable ways. Hence, it is high time that important steps are taken to control it, otherwise at a certain point, the threshold of the Earth to bear pollution would be broken and there would obviously be dire circumstances.
The first step in controlling pollution is curtailing the use of plastic. However, since the discovery of plastic and the time it has found its usage in many different areas, it has become a very hard task to get rid of plastic completely. Most people are indifferent about the whole situation and do not really care, and the others who do understand the gravity of the situation are so minute in number that it is difficult to bring a change. However, steps need to be taken and eventually, people will get to understand the hazardous situation they are presently in. So even if eradicating plastic is not that easy a task, reducing further deposition of plastic can be controlled by recycling or reusing.
What happens to the plastic used
A certain percentage of plastic used surely ends up in a landfill, however, most of it is separated and sent for a different purpose. As already discussed, it is possible to control further plastic pollution by recycling or reusing. Keeping this in mind, there might be a good chance that the bag you are using or the carpet you are walking on might be made of such plastic bottles, which have been recycled. The ones used at home go into the plastic shredder.
How are they recycled
A number of different kinds of products are being used, and a number of plastic bottles are discarded daily. The steps through which this plastic is recycled are as follows –
· Sorting the bottles according to the colour and size is the first step.
· The bottles are washed then.
· A plastic shredder is used to shred the plastic.
· The plastic pieces are washed further in order to remove the residue pieces.
· After the desired sizes have been obtained and the pieces have been washed, these plastic pieces are ground using a grinder. A plastic grinder and a plastic shredder work differently.
· After the process of granulation is complete, the material is washed and dried again.
· Finally, the material formed is sent to the various manufacturers for recycling.Read More